Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm a Weight Watcher....

That sounds like it could be a commerical for Weight Watchers.

I had my weekly meeting today. It's a sad state when the only meeting that I can even (partially) make each week is during my lunch/conference on Wednesday. But its working so I won't argue it.

So as I sat today and listened to the stages of Weight Loss (do they correspond with the stages of grief? I digress...), I couldn't help but to feel lucky. Very very lucky.

I have a great plan that is working for me (lost another 1 lb this week for 12.4 total). I have a great leader who was actually the leader of my all-time favorite leader who retired from leading meetings a few years back. I am getting to know the group but regardless its a comfortable place.

I am lucky that Weight Watchers is a program that works. I feel in control of my eating and even my exercise. I look forward to weighing in every Wednesday and its been a long time since I have looked forward to weighing in weekly. But its working now and I look forward to Wednesdays.

It was funny listening to my leader Mary today talk about how each and every person has the power in them to lose weight. How we short-change ourselves about our abilities to lose weight. Why is this? As she put it, "You believe you can climb a mountain but you don't think you can do this. But you can."

Isn't that the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment