Monday, March 9, 2009

So the thing about being on vacation.....

is that I can still be good! I have always had a problem with staying on track when I was away from my routine. I would be good when I was in Waco living my day to day life. But the minute I drove away for some R & R, somehow I got reprogrammed to doing as I wanted.

Well, thats not going to work. I love to travel. I love to take short weekend trips. And I can't "get off" track everytme I do this or I will never achieve my goals. My "real life" is always going to include weekend trips and changes in routine. But my lifestyle has to be able to adjust to match my changes in routine.

This Spring Break is my first big challenge. I first spent a few days "at the cabin." The cabin, by nature, is full of alochol and junk food. But my basket at the S & S looked a little different this time. It included bananas, pretzels and Special K breakfast bars. It was healthy. Yes, I had wine this weekend but I made it fit into my daily allowance of points and a few of my weekly free points. I walked at the cabin. And then, today when I got my parents house, I walked two miles in the neighborhood. I can always find ways to still get in the movement I need. I just have to be creative and do it.

SO the thing about being on vacation is that I can still be successful. I can still lose weight. I can still exercise. I can still stay "on program." And somehow, I know I will feel even more successful when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment